In this policy, 'we', 'us', and 'our' means Philip Mould Limited, a company registered in England and Wales No.: 01976991 and 'you' means the individual to whom the information relates. Philip Mould Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Philip Mould Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2011.
What we collect
We may ask you to optionally submit the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
- If a client, and only if applicable, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code
- When browsing our site we may collect non personally identifiable information such as your age, gender, computer settings, your connection to the internet, your browsing patterns and your geographical location
- Information related to your attendance of and / or interest in Philip Mould Limited, events, art works, artists and art fairs
- Information about you that you give us in person at our gallery premises, events and art fairs, by filling in cards we send you by post or forms on our website www.philipmould.com (our site) (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise
- Information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services
How we collect information about you
- Collecting information you give to us when you purchase any artwork or visit us at each art fair or visit us at our gallery
- Your use of the forms on our website or completion of card / forms we may provide in person or by post
- In addition to asking you to submit personal information we may collect information about you automatically when you connect to our website by using cookies
What we do with the information we gather
- We use your information to:
- Provide information about our art work and services to you
- Keep you informed about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Communicate with you
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, marketing optimisation, research and statistical and survey purposes
- keep our site safe and secure
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For security and to check your identity
Whether the information has to be provided by you and if so why
The provision of your personal details is required to sell and deliver an art work to you and for us to collect payment. if you do not provide this information we will not be able to perform our contract or enter into our contract with you and you may also be in breach of contract. we also require your personal details in order to send you marketing communications - you are not obliged to provide information to us for this purpose
Legal basis for processing
- Our processing of your personal information is necessary for:
- The performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts
- The purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us
- In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information. Where required for certain marketing activities we will obtain consent for this.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information from Philip Mould Limited's business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; (iv) for our own marketing and research
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties outside our business unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies or any buyer or their agent of works you may have consigned to us if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy
- We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so
- Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity
Transferring your information outside Europe
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers. This may be in connection with an art fair or where we use certain offshore service providers, typically for IT and marketing services
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer. In general the safeguards we use to protect your personal information are the European Commission's approved contract clauses, Privacy Shield where applicable and / or ensuring the country is deemed to have adequate protection. Please contact us (details below) if you wish to obtain further information about the safeguards we for use for such international data transfers.
- At any time, you have the right (which in general is free of charge) to:
- Request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you
- Rectificaty your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- Ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have a right to hold it
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- For data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances
- Object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
- Not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data
Any request from you for access to or for a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject. We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address; email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise provided us contact information for marketing purposes we may use your personal information to send you information by post or email about Philip Mould Limited events, art fairs, works of art and news. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications at any time; details of how to unsubscribe from marketing emails will be included on each electronic mailing we send you. You also have the option of 'unsubscribing' from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such email and / or other communication from being sent to you by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will action any opt out requests from you without delay
- Where we require your consent in order to send you certain marketing communications we will obtain this
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above, for provenance / authenticity purposes or in relation to any potential disputes or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required. Where we are entitled to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or use the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our digital communications.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.